View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #116
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Well , if non commercial copying was legal, I'd never buy a single video game, movie, book, tv show or software product ever again. I imagine I'm not alone in that view. Enough people do that and we'll see all the non-commercial entertainment products vanish over time..
I would. In fact, I already pay for stuff I can get for free. Amanda Palmer's latest album, for example. MP3s on Amazon because of the cloud storage. And especially stuff from artist where I know my money gets to them and they need it and they did it from their heart, without executives or committees sucking all the creative life out of it, as happens with far too many movies.

If copyright was abolished, we could have the richness of adaptions we see with great PD characters and authors like Sherlock Holmes and Shakespeare for everything without having to wait a hundred years. People could even sell their fanfiction (without superficially changing character's names and pretending their work is not actually fanfiction whatsoever, that is ). Dōjinshi are already being sold at conventions in Japan and the sky has not fallen there, either.
Dylan Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote