View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I wonder if the OPs perception that Enter would open a cell for edit in pre 3.13 calibre is in fact correct...
I don't recall it being so but I am not familiar with all of Calibre or its behavior in operating systems other than Windows, especially with respect to keyboard shortcuts (cats like mice ), and there may be somewhere where it does.

However, I suspect what has possibly happened is that the OP hit ENTER on a highlighted book in the list and ended up unexpectedly in the viewer - recognized that as a new behavior and just assumed that ENTER had previously done something else such as opening fields for editing.

For example, that is an assumption that an experienced database user, including myself, might easily make. In fact, before the proposal of the change came up, I did not really recall what ENTER did when a book is selected (as I am a mouser) - if someone had asked me I would likely have said, erroneously, that it would open something or another for editing and would have got a surprise if I found it actually opened the highlighted book in another program altogether for reading (and I remain surprised ).

Hopefully Awfki will help in that by explaining, but if I were them I think I would be reticent to bother to do so, that just for the sake of maintaining good order. It would seem that from post #3 the solution modifying the new Tweak has sorted things; if that is so that is all that really matters.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 12-02-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Added "or its behavior in operating systems other than Windows" spurred to do so by Kovids post while I was writing.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote