View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 AM   #51
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboddie View Post
I've just joined this forum, having spent some some time reading this thread and others to do with installing alternative software on Kobo devices. Thanks for making your work available, Marek!

I'm currently experimenting with your kernel on my Kobo Mini alongside a custom Debian install. My plan is to look at building some simple PyQt applications for it, using an embedded Qt library like the one that Kobo ship with the device.
Cool! I successfully ran PyQt on it. I even left simple test python scripts in my home directory in the sample image. Everything you need to start is installed there.

It's not even embedded version of the Qt. It's full version that is installed there. Even QML and WebKit is working. I like it as you can develop and test your software on your PC first.

I also managed to build calibre ebook-viewer (it's python/qt, too) and started modifing it (fix for margins and fullscreen mode on awesome window manager). I like this viewer the best on Debian. My modifications are here:
https://github.com/marek-g/calibre

Last edited by MarekGibek; 01-19-2014 at 03:47 AM.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote