View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #36
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post
The comparison is needed if we are talking about eReaders. If we're looking at the iPad as an eReader it has to be compared to current eReaders. And, it doesn't stand up in both readability and battery life.

What I love about a five day battery life is not having to charge my eReader every night. With an iPad you will have to charge it every night. It's a matter related devices.
This isnt about e-readers though is it? its a thread on the iPad which clearly ISNT an ereader! even if it were then most people I would assume do less than 10 hours of reading on an ebook and if teh battery claims made by jobs are true that its 10 hours inc video and other use then it may be even longer! 20 hrs of batt for reading would easily last me a week! in fact 10 hours in a normal week would do me for at least 5 or 6 days, and recharging once a week doesnt seem a big issue.?

if this is about ereaders and we are looking at the iPad as an ereader then I could point out that I can look at colour book illustrations and read comics ect ect

but its not an ereader its a tablet that you can read on and its a slightly silly comparison to point out some of the more obvious differences that exist purely because they are different devices.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote