Thread: Lost Library
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Helen, I thought that was the case, but I didn't bother to check. It's good to know Calibre can do that if I ever need to recreate my library.

At any rate, renzii, there's your answer. Just copy your library from dropbox back to your local hard drive and import all the books into Calibre again. It will take awhile, but it's all automated.

I have had big problems with dropbox before -- keeping the inbox for my mail client there -- and will never again make that same mistake. So be careful using dropbox for any active databases. I would use it only for manual backups.

--Pat
I have been using dropbox and calibre for years with no problems. How did you move your books to dropbox if you dont mind my asking. Just copying the calibre library to dropbox folder on your hard drive then pointing calibre to it should have worked like normal as it is just a normal folder.
Dropbox doesnt just upload the changes but the whole file so syncing email files might not be optimal but ebooks being so small its great for calibre.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote