View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #31
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Mantano's Handling of Books

From what I can tell, Mantano does not make a copy of the book. Mantano does not automatically scan for books, like some other e-reader software. The user must import individual books into Mantano. During the import process, Mantano reads the metadata from the book and stores a pointer to the book's location in it's own database. You can see this pointer in the information you get when you long-press on a book in the book-list.

I tested this by deleting a book outside of Mantano. Mantano still showed the book in it's list because it was only displaying the information from it's database. When I tried to open the book, Mantano reported the book as missing and gave me the option to delete it from the book list.

For myself, when I finish reading a book in Mantano, I will remove it from the book list, but leave it on the device (Mantano gives you this option). Later, I will let Calibre delete it from the device. I think this is a clean way to do things.

I will, however, post a request in the Mantano thread, asking that they add a means of validating the book list, identifying those books that are missing and offering the user the option to delete them.