View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
very cool.

I bought a virgin mobile LG elite after reading many reviews and handling the phone in person.

My priorities were size and ability to ride unnoticed in a pocket plus good web connectivity and performance. I liked the iphone and its size - I had a ipod touch that I liked a lot. It is same size. Turn screens off, and appearance is very similar. I doubt that is a coincidence.

But I did not like the price of the iPhone. For what I use the phone for, the $130 price and the drop to $35 a month cannot be beat.

Coming from ios, I really like the sharing menu! It makes evernote so much more useful. I also use Pocket to save articles for later reading, but will move to Instapaper soon now that a android client is there. But some apps are not as good. No good client for simplenote. no good offline dictionaries compared to ios either. Nothing equal to tweetbot. I loved tweetbot.

I like being able to pin contacts to 'desktop? screentop?'. Spending time in Play market is fun. Reading apple bloggers will make you think there is no software for Android -- but that is not true! Lots of fun stuff. And qcodes are useful!

I like that I could change my dialer and my sms program. I also like that I could change the launcher. I don't use many widgets -- they kill battery. I can remove my battery.

I used a program called quadrant it confirmed that the sales specs were wrong: is a 1ghz phone, not 800. Is fast! No lag...but I only play card and word games. Productivity stuff not so demanding on cpu. GPS connects fast! Has NFC, but I dont really understand it much.

Now I am rethinking my intention to buy a iPad. But apple produces portrait and I like that, not widescreen.

What android websites you all read other than mobileread?
Wonderful! Excellent! Welcome to the future!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote