View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
TextWrangler on OS X. It's the free little brother of BBEdit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But BBEdit is a lot cheaper now than it used to be — only $39.99 at the moment! And well worth it, IMO.
I'll add Text Wrangler to the list. I've used it too, like BBedit a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Vim on Linux.
Vim on Windows.
Vim on Mac.
I'll put Vim on the list too. Been meaning to check it out. Command line interface only, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
True, but in a few months when it goes back to $99 $49 TextWrangler is a good alliterative.

Also, Aptana Studio or Eclipse with the WTP plugin make good HTML editors. Aptana is based on Eclipse and they are multi-platform.
They both look interesting. I'll add those too with a note that IDEs may be intimidating to people who have little experience developing software.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote