View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Hi Tom! Thank you for starting this thead, as I've been wanting to post about the apps I use for journaling. There is an old thread about handwriting apps that I could have revived, but this is a bit different.

I started keeping a handwritten journal on my iPad a few years ago, using NoteShelf. I still use and love this app but I gradually started to miss the feel of a physical notebook and the pleasure of writing on it. Also, I wanted to include other stuff in my journal such as typed text, scans of the programs of shows I go to, photos... You can do all this in Noteshelf via photos, but it's not very practical or esthetically pleasing.

After a lot of trials and errors, I now have a setup that I'm pretty satisfied with using:
- Noteshelf for writing my journal on iPad (still my favorite app for that)
- FasterScan for scanning my paper journals and any other document I want to save to my journal or elsewhere
- Awesome Notes to gather all this plus typed notes and checklists in a nice-looking app
- Evernote because Awesome Notes syncs to it, which allows me to have a backup in case Awesome Notes stops working one day, and because it's the intermediary for saving my images of scanned documents from FasterScan (I send them to the Awesome Notes notebook in Evernotes, and it syncs back to Awesome Notes).

So I'd say that's the list of my most favorite apps here, although there are a few others I guess.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote