View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #44
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Thanks

I'll look into the ornaments. I know GIMP and Photoshop with regard to fixing and editing pictures, but I have never used either to create new work. If I add ornaments or text now, they just look like they're pasted on top
I don't work with these programs, I only use the open program 'Open Pixlr editor (Advanced)' from here. And I think that is relative easy to work with (and I had no clue how grafic programs worked before, trust me).

So, what I wanted to say...when you want to use pixlr and need any help then I will happily anwer any question that I can. OR maybe someone esle who knows these programs will jump in this thread and help out with that.
Quote:
Oh, and that Generate Cover plugin: does it create covers from scratch, or does it "just" put text onto an image you provide to it, and then embed it into the book?
No, not from scratch. It only puts text over the image but the fun is, that it takes it from your title, author and (if you wish) your series column, so you can change a lot of covers at once if you want.
You can though decide the font, text size, place and add stroke with even a different color.

Quote:
At some point, you switched from Fanfic covers to these generic ones.

Maybe it's best to just leave the Fanfic stuff and thread where it is, and have a moderator split off all posts from the point where the generic covers start into a new thread.
And that I think so too

MiniMouse
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote