View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #92
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@rtiangha: Don't rely on old documentation.
Well, I quoted QT 4.6 because that's where the system fonts are stored on Kobo. But I also see directories for QT 4.8 and QT 5 and the documentation for that section essentially say the same thing about behaviour on all the versions. But yeah, I have no idea if things are patched to behave differently or what version of Freetype is being used (on Kobo, I assume it's ancient like the kernel and most other things). I just think that it might be funny if the entire font hints vs no hints on eink thing becomes moot in practice after all because of default renderer settings.

Last edited by rtiangha; 01-28-2020 at 06:14 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote