View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #61
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm on Geralt's side on this. If you see someone behaving in a baffling manner, I see nothing wrong in trying to understand why they are behaving that way. We are all human beings wired in more or less the same way. Thinking "Well, that's just them, it doesn't apply to me" is also baffling to me.

I just read through some of the Reading Snobbery thread, and someone (AndrewH?) brought up the issue of insecurity when applying snobbery to others. It strikes me that this bad-book reading person may also be insecure; enjoying feeling above the books she's trashing, but not feeling up to reading "better" books. I could be completely wrong; it's just an idea that fits the behaviour.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote