View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
1. I can create a separate account for my son. Sure, this is easiest - and I may do this, but it doesn't allow us to share devices (still want to share the Kobo Wifi). Problem could be solved if I gave him both devices, but can I transfer some of his old books from my account to his account? This is the biggest obstacle here...

5. Can I password protect store purchases via the device using WiFi (since my credit card is connected on my account)?
You would have to talk to Kobo about this. I think they would do it for you, especially as you will be transferring a particular type of book. Don't save any credit card details on the new account and you son can't buy any book. To get new books for him, you can buy them with your account and send them to his account as gifts.
[/QUOTE]
2. I can remove age-inappropriate books/covers from my Kobo library on the website. Can I archive them or put them in a spot that would exclude them from the automatic library update?
[/QUOTE]
I don't have a Vox to check this, but the following is how the Touch and Glo work. From discussions here, I think the Vox and the apps to work the same. Hopefully the WiFi does as well.

If you look in the library on the Kobo site, there are three list for your books: "I'm Reading", "Purchased" and "Trash". Anything in "I'm Reading" is on the device, or will be put there at the next sync. On the site, you can delete a book and it will go to the Trash. From there it can be restored or removed permanently. And when you next sync, it will be deleted from the device. Once the book is on a device, you can delete it from the device. At the next sync, it will be removed from the "I'm Reading" list but will still be in the "Purchased" list.

I think the way I would approach this is to use the desktop application. That will download any new books into its library. When you delete the book from the application library, it will be removed from the devices at the next sync. The Kobo Android app might work for this as well, but I don't have an Android device to try it.

For the books that are age-appropriate for you, I would download the the epub version and sideload them to your tablet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote