View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
particularly since the "standards epub" can also be used for archival purposes and as a source format for conversion to other formats as needed.
Exactly. There are people out there who want to use epubs purely for storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the users of this tool as i see it are very much the *latter* case you describe : they are the same kinds of people using BookDesigner or ETI's eBook Publisher or Mobipocket Creator today, but who want a good tool for making epub files. so really closer to dreamweaver than to word or any writing tools. i imagine they would *already* have the finished text, either PD texts or their own manuscripts, and just want to turn them into ebooks. so, yes, a wrapper around a good html editor with a wysiwyg mode. but i think there are some particularities specific to epub that would need to be addressed (creation of the different file types, creation of the epub container...).
Again, I agree completely. This is exactly how I see an epub editor: a tool that facilitates the manual creation of an epub book from pre-existing text. BD for epub... without the suck.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote