View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
Before you start flaming, I am an American.
We don't stand for flaming much around here, actually. Discussion of differing ideas, yes, absolutely, but flaming ... not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
I think that much of this problem is the standard "American" problem. If a person on a plane sees me with my reader on, they want to know why they cannot have their gameboy, DVD player, or other device on. It is easier to say no to everything than put the flight attendants through this.
I also am a U.S. Citizen (native) and I agree absolutely with that idea -- our culture fosters and tolerates entirely too much of this sort of ... juvenile self-seeking attitude, and this is only one of the myriad ways it manifests.

I have some theories as to why, but I don't regard them as all that comprehensive. I do, however, think that most of our societal problems can be traced back to this sort of selfishness.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote