View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Lethe
Lethe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Recognition of author and title from html files/reading metadata from a seperate file

Hello, i'm rather new to all this, so apologies if my question is stupid, or if it has been explained elsewhere. I've looked on the wiki and here, but with no success.

Background: I've got a lot of books in html format, with a title and contents page as one file that links individual chapters as seperate files.

Problem1: I'm ok with adding the main files, and all of the stories appear fine. I've even managed to get the chapters to detect as i'd like them to, but calibre won't detect the author unfortunately. All of the main files have the author set as a h2 tag with a class attached, so my question is whether it is possible to edit the way calibre detects the author and writes it to metadata, and if so, how I would go about doing so.

Problem2: Also, I also have an excel spreadsheet (which I could easily turn into a text file with different tags if that would be easier) containing titles, authors, summaries, reviews, and tags for each of my books. Is there anyway I could get calibre to read metadata from this file instead of downloading it off the internet?

I'm not too hot at python or html code, but I think I can muddle something together if I have some hints on where to look!

Thankyou in advance for any help you can provide!
Lethe is offline   Reply With Quote