View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #13
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I've found the same thing. What I've been doing is going through the html-page index of the Blackmask DVD and then copying/renaming the files to be more meaningful. I've just gone through the categories I'm most interested in and then moving on to the less important categories and eventually will have renamed most of the files.

The Reader will index them all by the title/author fields within the files, but trying to find the ones to load into the reader can be difficult.

On the other hand, using the Connect software, you can open the sonymax folder on the DVD and the files will list by title or by author, depending on how you sort them.

BUT -- the Connect software will choke on 10,000 titles, so if you want to go this route, my advice would be to simply copy the files into a lot of smaller folders, maybe 20 folders each containing 500 files.

Personally, I figure renaming them, while more time consuming, will ultimately provide more flexibility.

Unless some great programmer on this list can program a utility which can be added to the right-click menu in Windows Explorer and will show title/author data for .lrf files. :-)
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote