View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hrmmm, I haven't read enough "Classics" but I am working on it. I'm sure a few ears from now I'll regret my choices

-1984 by George Orwell
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
-And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
-Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (only halfway through it but clearly it belongs)
-Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
-Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

I can't think of two more right now. Goodreads has a function like this where you can add books to a list and people vote on it, but I don't think you can isolate it so that only members of a particular group can vote on it, plus then not everyone could vote. I can import the final list to the MR GR bookshelf though, that might be cool.

Once it gets voted on, I'll start trying to read all on that list, since clearly the 1001 one is getting nowhere for me
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote