View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #15
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
So I've opened a new ticket but I'd be very suprised if iRex took it back for a warranty repair and frankly : I have lost too much sleep and waking time over this device that I simply don't know if I still want it. If iRex doesn't offer to repair it on warranty basis I WILL however do the community a favour and take the device apart and let you all know what the beast looks like on the inside.
I feel for you, kleykenb. It's moments like these when I think, you know paper is really not that bad after all. It's not as fragile and it can stand to quite a bit of abuse. Plus, it isn't dependent on a reading device and so paper wouldn't be disabled if a reading device breaks down. I mean, once your reading device is gone, so is your ability to read the files.

Moments like this it makes me wonder how people can seriously imagine that paper will soon be going away. Not soon. Not soon.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote