View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The inside is gorgeous! But the exterior is ghastly! I keep expecting some knight in shining armor to jump out of that chainmail it's wrapped in.
Couldn't agree more.
I visit Birmingham once a year for a conference and so have been following the development of the site for while, from building site to finished article. The artist's impression of the exterior, shown on the hoarding, made me cross my fingers that the finished item would be better than it looked. WRONG.
The exterior is hideous - a monstrosity even. The architect must have tried really hard to design something that ugly. Interlocking hoops of steel - of various sizes - hmmm and colours. If I'm being incredibly generous it might look passable from a great (and I mean a very great) distance, on a dark night with your eyes half-shut...but close to it's an epic fail.
Have I made my opinion clear?
PS And you would have thought Birmingham learnt their lesson with ugly buildings...
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote