View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #8
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
I'm struggling with the same problem (though it's not physics ^^).

Size is one thing. If that's your only concern, then any reader with a 9" screen should do the trick. The Kindle's support of pdf used to be dreadful. I'm sure it's better now, but having to install a new app for something that should be a basic functionality...

If you want to annotate your pdfs then the M92 seems better (though no OCR...). I might be biased on this one though because I don't like Amazon's e-book format policy. Still, having a wacom stylus should beat a capacitative screen for note taking.

What really makes me hesitate is the following:
  • color: my textbooks have lots of colored graphs which would be terrible on b&w e-ink screen
  • multiple files opened at once (the M92's new firmware seems to allow this)
  • jumping between pages (but it's the same on a computer)
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote