View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_swede View Post

Does anyone have any good suggestions what to buy for this purpose? Would it be possible to read the textbooks on for example kindle PW without getting to annoyed of the small screen, anyone with experience of this? Are bigger tablets like kindle fire or DX as easy to read from as an e-ink reader, if not are they a lot better than an Ipad? Personally I would satisfy with a kindle PW if it where big enough for the purpose.

Lots of questions, perhaps I can get some answers anyway.

many thanks,

Oskar
DX is an e-ink reader.

My suggestion is to buy used Kindle DX and install Kindlepdfviewer thereon.

Installing it takes just a few minutes and it is much better PDF reader than the native one.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2466450

You can also buy M92(Icarus Excel) if handwritten annotating is important to you or simply use some tablet/e-ink simultaneously with Kindle DX.

I don't get sore eyes after reading on LCD's for hours because I use good anti-glare protection and always reduce brightness and contrast as much as possible.

Last edited by markom; 06-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote