View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
hjg
hjg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi. I am just waiting to get my new sony reader

I been lurching in the threads for a couple of weeks now. I first got interested in the sony reader, as I had a collection of Sony Rewards point and I could get the reader from sonyrewards.com for $90 after I used all my points. I stumbled upon the forums and read through the section, which cemented my desire to get the Sony.

I ordered the reader last Monday and had it shipped to work, but the person who receives packages was out when Fedex ground came by on Friday morning. I called Fedex and they said they would hold it at the depot for me to pick up last night after 5:30 pm. I stopped by and waited for an 45 minutes while they searched for it. They could not find it on the truck or in the customer hold area, so they said that they would put a trace on it and hopefully it will be delivered on Monday morning to work, as orginally planned.
So I guess Monday morning I will get to work early and loiter around the receiving area as much as possible.

The kicker is that I used my coupon from the "Ebay Bucks" promotion to buy the optional leather cover with light on Thursday off ebay. It was sent out Thursday and I got it this morning (Saturday). At least it gives me an idea of the actual size of the device, since I haven't seen one live.

I have been to 4 Targets in my area to see if they have the display up for the Sony Ereader, but none of them had the readers out yet.

Harold
hjg is offline   Reply With Quote