Thread: My poor Vox
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
My poor Vox

I was one of those who bought a Vox right after it hit the market. Had a few glitches, but I learned to deal with them, and I used the Vox a LOT. Last summer DH won an iPad and promptly passed it on to me. I moved back and forth between Vox and iPad, but eventually I found myself using the iPad more and the Vox less because while I preferred the Vox's size, the iPad just worked better in every way.

I've been away from home for a few months and the Vox has been off for a period of months. Until today...and wow, is it Sluggish! I mean, beyond my being able to attritube it to my being more accustomed to the hardware of the iPad being up to what the software wants to do.

I uninstalled Lookout, thinking maybe it was bogging the whole thing down. It helped a wee bit, but not totally. I did unplug and reconnect the battery, which did correct the sleep of death thing. I've done some reading, which is ok, but I think running a browser is out of the question, it just freezes and crashes.

Has anyone else taken a Vox for a spin after an extended hibernation and found it to be slowwwwwww? I'm going to see if it perks up after I use it some more. If not, it may be time for a factory reset.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote