View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Robert29
Robert29 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Font size problem

Help please !

I've just started using Sigil - v 0.6.2 in a windows 7 32 bit machine and have started converting a book into an e-book.
I have got some pages converted into Libre Office Writer (.odt) and have saved them into an html file.

When I open them in the book view of Sigil, some of the paragraphs are in a smaller font than others, despite them being all in the same size in Libre Office.

When I look in the code page, the font sizes are all 4 but the code at the beginning of this paragraph is different to the code in other paragraphs which display correctly. I edited it to follow the pattern of the correctly displayed paragraphs and then in the book view, it was OK.

I don't want to do this throughout the book - any suggestions about what is wrong ?

The original coding is

<p class="first-line-indent" style="font-weight: normal"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman, serif"><font size="4"><span xml:lang="en-US">A</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">lison</span></font> <font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">M</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">aclean</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">,</span></font> <font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">arms tight to her sides</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">, fingers outstretched down her thighs, stood stiffly to attention on the substantial timbers of Mallaig pier, heels close, shapely legs pressed together, skirt gripped fast between her knees, stood and stared stony straight ahead of her at the Lochgarve -through it indeed, might have better described the quality of her regard, had the object been anything less material than the Hebridean mail-steamer. She did not allow her eyes to stray to the bridge, where the young First Officer was admir</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">in</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">g her with frank appreciation, nor to the serried ranks of passengers that lined the rail-</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">-</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">tourists, hikers, Skye-folk, and worse; she glared straight ahead, through number two port hole counting from the bows--and just the tip of the toe of her right brogue tapped the stout beam beneath her incessantly, though not sufficiently of course to loosen the grip of her knees. She ought to have known--to have thought of this. And she ought to have worn slacks, undoubtedly-- even to a christening. Even if she hadn't had stockings on, it wouldn't have been so bad. . . .</span></font></font></font></p>

I took out
<p class="first-line-indent" style="font-weight: normal"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman, serif"><font size="4"><span xml:lang="en-US">A</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">lison</span></font> <font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">M</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">aclean</span></font><font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">,</span></font> <font color="#000000"><span xml:lang="en-US">

and put in "Alison Maclean, " in front of "arms" and all was well.

Robert.
Robert29 is offline   Reply With Quote