View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #659
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
I read once that The New York Times could give every subscriber a new kindle for free and switch to digital only and save enough money by not running the presses and physical distribution chain to cover the cost of the kindles. Oh, sorry that was a new kindle EVERY THREE MONTHS! The vast majority of subscribers are not really up for eReaders yet, but eventually I think eReaders will become commonplace enough that physical distribution will go away. It might take a couple more decades but eventually.
That's amazing, but they must have very high running costs. I don't know about decades. Maybe a few years, until cheap flexible color eink displays are here! I'll be the first to get a subscription then
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote