View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Is the "Regex Builder" working??

Hola!

I am trying to test some new regex expressions using the "Regex Builder", but either I am way off base on how to use it or it is not working!

I can enter and save search/replace regexes ok, and they do (well, MOST do, LoL) work; it is the ones that don't work that I need to test in the Regex Builder page. I can make the regexes work in OOO Writer, for example, using a HTML document and its search & replace function. But, that doesn't mean the same code will actually work in Calibre, so need to use the Builder!

Procedure:

1. Open the Search & Replace menu/setup.
2. Put my regex into the "Search Regular Expression" (SRE) field
3. Select "Add", just in case, LoL.
4. Bring the added regex back to the SRE field
5. Select the "Wizard" button to the right of the SRE field
6. The "Regex Builder" window opens, with my regex in the "Regex:" field at the top
7. But, the "Preview" window is blank, and pressing the "Test" button does nothing
8. So, at the bottom there is a "Open" button, which presumably lets you open a document(?) that contains the data one is trying to search and replace
9. So, select the EPUB document and try to open it. Nothing, no document. Try a .html document. Nothing shows in the "Preview" page! Neither will it let me PASTE any text in it.

So, either I totally misunderstand how to use this feature or it is broken.

Somebody set me straight, please!

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote