View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastik View Post
Sorry to hear that. How did you solve it? Was serial cable needed?
It fixed itself after charging for several hours. It took 14 hours to reach full charge.

Apparently the kindle touch keeps the green "fully charged" LED on even though it is discharging while connected to usb networking (even while apparently asleep).

In fact, it appears to have OVER-discharged the battery (stone dead, LED would not even blink when pressing the power button).

But like I said, it "fixed" itself while plugged into a USB power adapter.

I have not had that problem with earlier kindles, several of which stay plugged into the host PC and remain accessible over usbnet for weeks at a time (or more). [Of course, it helps that I uninstalled the Ubuntu Network Manager, but now I have to do everything at the command line.]

What I learned is that in some cases, you just cannot trust the color of the kindle touch power LED.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-09-2012 at 03:58 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote