View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
By virtue of being made by so many manufacturers it is reasonable to see android eventually becoming the largest single mobile os, but no way will it happen in a year, there are plenty of people who like and trust their blackberry and apple products who don't see any reason to switch.
Your assuming the only room for growth is existing smartphone users and smartphones.
I agree die hard Apple/BlackBerry fans will not easily switch, but many new users entering the market have no bias and are willing to pick up a Droid as their first smart phone.

However there are many folks who are not die hard fans and will go with a solution that fits them best. I can tell you as a long time member of the Crackberry site, there has been a huge attrition of BB users that seem to coincide with the Droid release, HTC Incredible, and Evo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
The blogs in particular like to write-off blackberry, but if you want a device that is a better fit for your pocket than most smartphones that does all the communication from voice to im, social networks etc and has a battery that isn't going to run out the same day then a blackberry is tough to beat.
You know I really like my BB device, I see the same arguments over at Crackberry daily and even made the same statements. However for Christmas I purchased my wife the Droid Eris, couldn't talk here into a BlackBerry. I've realized all those arguments don't hold water. With the exception of notifications and email management, the Droid does everything better.

As for the battery life, I have a Storm, and the phone does not last past one day. I'm guessing it has to do with screen size as the smaller BB screens tend to have much better batter lives than the Storm 1/2 series. Point is that is not an OS/Platform issue but a screen issue.

=X=

My storm doesn't last a full day of use, I usally
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote