View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Shapely butts and bosoms. Hard abs and biceps. Rugged features. Alluring expressions. Clothes in disarray or oh so tight. And I'm not even in the romance section! Damn, it's hard to tell so many of these apart. I'm so sick of attractive faces. Half the time I have trouble remembering whether I'm somewhere on Amazon or a book cover artist's website. Despite the quality of the work (in most cases) it's so difficult to see anything I'd ever want to click on. It's one huge blur of body parts - some of them dripping in blood while still having hard abs, bulging bosoms and ruggedly alluring expressions ... okay, so maybe I'm getting my images a bit confused here.

Every now and then I find a page that shows the artist is more flexible and original (or what seems original after pages and pages of bosoms and abs), and they get bookmarked to try when I'm ready. There truly is some wonderful artwork out there. But after following yet another thread on covers as click-bait, I'm not at all sure I'm qualified to assess these artists' work.

And I still come back to not knowing exactly what I'm looking for anyway. That's my biggest problem. I do have a vague image in my head that I think would suit the book, but it has no butts, bosoms, abs nor biceps, so I think I'm probably doing something wrong. More seriously, the image in my head gives no hint that the work is fantasy (albeit only vaguely so in this first instalment) - and any ideas I've had to remedy that seem crass. ... Ah, still, at least I have a reliable source of procrastination for when I should be writing.

Just ranting really, after a long night staring at butts, bosoms, abs and biceps. It might be best to ignore me.
You spent the night at Walmart or your nearest bar?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote