View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
I pre-ordered my Paperwhite 4, when I get it what research do you want me to do

I have a couple things i am going to try to check.

1. See if these ship with the same fresh-out-of-the-box downgrade options tha tthe PW3 had, before that started bricking them

2. I downloaded the source, and saw some new filed names 'android' in the linux source, that reference ADB and Fastboot, I will be trying to trigger some factory mode using android flash cables.

Please use this thread to put anything you think I can try to do, and I will try to get to it.

The official name from amazons source code repository is Paperwhite 10th generation, bu I'm going to go ahead and start the flame war, and declare that the models will be named "PW4", and the 8 gb and 32gb variants will be "PW4.8" and "PW4.32".

Because it is waterproof, I am not going to attempt serial jailbreaking on this device, I will leave that to someone else.

Research Status

G000 T607 - 32GB - US - Special Offers - Wifi - 5.10.0.1 - Research complete
G000 PP07 - 08GB - US - No Special Offers - Wifi - 5.10.0.1 - Research complete
G000 PP07 - 08GB - IT - Special Offers - Wifi - 5.10.0.1 - Research complete

I can tell that those three all share the same software version that shipped right now:
SOFTWARE_VERSION: 015-juno_10001_moonshine_rex-333743
VERSION: 5.10.0.1 (3337430015)

If you are a power user willing to do some in depth work, and you have a different model, please PM me.

Last edited by coplate; 11-08-2018 at 06:43 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote