View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #20
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
However I do understand that such a reaction would have you wanting to stay clear of more books of the same type. I recently commented about "The Mediterranean Caper" by Clive Cussler - that if I'd read that book first I'd never have read any more (most of his books are sexist, but that one was an unnecessary extreme).
The Mediterranean Caper was the second Cussler book I read (after The Oregon Files), I was willing to give Cussler a second chance due to his reputation but I have certainly been completely turned off by those books, especially TMC. It went above and beyond what I would ever expect, even given when they were written. For Whose Body?, although I am only about 1/2 done, it feels right for the period/setting despite, and somewhat because of, the racism and anti-semitic statements. If those were completely missing it wouldn't have the authenticity it has. The casual use of them, not just when it makes a point, is a part of that.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote