View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #78
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Silk with accelerator turn off on my KF.

Amazon always logs what what you buy and shows the little yellow banner. I love it otherwise I would try to buy things I already own not to mention it comes in handy to remember when it was purchased or given away. I can easily tell the others in the Romance Deals thread. This is a repeat freebie from last month and so on.

No I don't use a WOT. I've been on the net since 91 and I'm pretty saavy on knowing what is fake and what is a real site. I do use Firefox with Ad Block Plus to block ads and other malicious popups and I don't have flash installed. I use Chrome for flash sites.
Those are really all I worry about on my PC.

It's not easy to steal someone's info unless you go to a phishing site and give it to them. As for Trojans and malware most are in ads and popups so a blocker is necessary not to mention a good firewall and Antivirus and the occasional malware\spyware checker.
Thanks Blossom. What does turning accelerator off on Silk do for safety or otherwise?

Okay as for the "Fire" I clean cookies, history. But otherwise what can you do for safety particularly on the Fire? Sometimes just opening a website can (malicious) setoff a virus.

But I mean (not sure if your original Fire is this way) Amazon keeps you logged in to your account even though you never logged in on the Fire HD. So they want you to BUY, BUY, BUY. I thought that is why people used a different browser on the Fire.
new is offline   Reply With Quote