Thread: Hisense A5
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 08:10 AM   #506
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ View Post
Hey guys, old thread but old phone and old topic!

Just wanted to check that the HiSense phones are useless as a phone. Everything I've seen seems to suggest you can put google apps on the device but they mostly don't work, and you're contacts and calendar won't synch.. and you won't get any notifications.

Plus the phone is prone to locking you out, giving you no chance to recover it with a pin number, so your 300 dollar phone is immediately useless for no good reason.

It sounds very much like the Yotaphone 2 is the last eInk phone that actually works if you're outside China. Can someone confirm please?
My Hisense A5 Pro C works just fine as a phone here in Canada. I can make and receive phone calls and can send and receive texts without a problem. I have never been locked out of my phone.

Of course, it does not do Google Play Store. But I don't need it to. I got the few apps that I use like Moon+ Reader elsewhere and they work fine.

The camera isn't great on it. But, apart from that, no real complaints about the phone. Just wish it were a bit smaller.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote