Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
Given you "sleep" both your Kobos, it tends to disprove that the fault occurs at the point of entering the power-off state at least.
Not necessarily. We might have two different problems. I must admit I didn't completely read your first post of this thread before I replied. I have now. What I understand is that you have a large battery drop every time your device stays in sleep mode.

- This could mean that sleep mode just buggers up battery life more than it should – this is comparable to the problem I am having. Have you tried not using (auto) off-mode? How's battery life in sleep without a planned off-moment?

- It could also mean what you suggest, that the device is constantly trying to trigger off-mode without proper response, draining battery faster due to its constant trying. Weird that 15/30 min gave problems but 10/15 doesn't seem to. What could the difference be?

When you say the problem is reproducible but not *always*, what does that mean? In what situations is it not reproducible?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote