View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #157
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is it? I thought it was the same 120x90mm 800x600 res screen that the Sony and the Gen3 use?
It is. But remember, most Mobi format ebooks that have images have small images because of PDA sized screens. I downloaded One of the WInston Churhill WWII books from my local library and I found the images (which are important) to be way too small. They are become fuzzy when I try to enlarge them. That makes Mobi format books with images a no-go on the Kindle. But reason for AZW is so they have Mobi formatted books that will look good on the Kindle screen. That would make a lot of sense in this case. Imaging reading a book that has maps, diagrams, tables, etc.. that are important to be able to see but you cannot see them clearly enough due to the fact that the graphics are too small. That would ruin the reading experience for that book. Also it does look silly to have this tiny block on the screen that is supposed to be the cover image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote