Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #10861
Hamlet53
General and the Genius: G
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Sorry, I forgot I posed a question.
The title in English is The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizaki and the original title is Sasameyuki which means gentle snow fall.
It always struck me as a tad odd how the title was changed.
So I take a break from looking at this thread and two of my favorite books by a couple of my favorite authors are the answer to quiz questions. It actually surprises me that the original title of The Makioka Sisters was a "gentle snow fall" in English. I would have thought more likely something to do with cherry blossoms.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote