View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #23488
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This is a cultural (perhaps anomaly in your case) event usually location-specific. In northern East Coast cities and mid-America rural, is it MORE common for children to live with parents until much older. In NYC, most will remain at home until married, as the cost of finding their own place is so dear. On the west coast, it MORE common for the whole family to get involved with the child's move out of the house at age 18 (or when finished school.)

Stitchawl

Not sure that is right, I see it more as a generational than location based thing. In the N/E USA where I was born, my generation was kicked out on the street before the ink dried on the diploma, but my sisters generation (she is much much younger) stays home much longer.

Still though, in most of the families I know in the n/e USA - once the kid is out, they stay out.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote