Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My Kindle Fire's battery lasts 7 days. I alternate reading on it with my Kindle 3rd Generation Keyboard whose battery lasts 30 days.

Most of my use for the Kindle Fire is as a battery operated portable radio using the app, Tune In, and a Sony speaker. Its the best battery operated portable radio I've ever owned.

I also use it to play my MP3 songs from time to time.

I use Alutrek WiFi radios as permanent radios around the house and the Kindle Fire as my portable radio.

I leave WiFi on all the time on both since I am constantly syncing between them.

Shutting down for the night closes all apps including WiFi. That way I am not bothered going separately to the WiFi icon. I leave the Fire in Sleep Mode during the day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Android Battery Apps specifically constructed for the Kindle Fire? Others have telephone timers built in for battery use which are not applicable to the Fire.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-06-2011 at 06:24 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote