View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'm mostly hoping that it will expand Whispernet coverage.

If you have your computer, why can't you just download directly. No need for the extra steps. Or just buy it and turn on your Whispernet when you get in range. I've purchased from my iPod Touch that way.
I think that's what it will do .... just expand the coverage.

Nah .... I was thinking of those rare times when I'm outside of Whispernet coverage, but I also don't have my computer with me. I admit that would be a really strange circumstance ... but play along for a minute.

I mean, I could purchase it on the phone, and then wait until I had the Kindle in range in order to pick it up .... but say I was staying at some podunk hotel that had no internet ... wireless or dial up, and I'm outside of Whispernet range, but I'm still getting an AT&T signal. Then, theoretically, I should be able to download a book to the phone and then go from the phone to the computer and then from the computer to the Kindle.

I have stayed at some pretty out of the way places where their idea of an internet connection is a really crappy computer out in back of the office, no wireless and no hope of connecting up my laptop.

I know .... you're surprised such places exist, but they do.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote