View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
Hi Marilyn.

When you used that "send to Kindle" app from your PC, presumably it's the one that's acccessed from Windows Explorer, did it also send the cover information?

I used the email function from Outlook to send a book to the cloud. I found a book, but I renamed it before sending it. The cover wasn't sent with the book. I'm not sure how all that works.

I ended up using Calibre as it seems to work better insofar as cover information goes. Plus, I can scan the database to see which books I want to send to device, particularly if they are in a series and I don't know which ones come first.
Sorry for the delay in answering - I missed the question.

Yes, when I send an e-book to the Kindle using the Windows program, I get the cover, also. What I do is put the book on my desktop from Calibre (using the "save single format to disk" line). On my desktop, I get a folder that contains a .jpg of the cover, the .mobi book and a .opf file (which I assume is Calibre doing something). I only sent the .mobi to the Kindle, but the picture is included.

I can only assume the picture goes with the book if it's in the metadata? Taking a guess, cause I don't know how it works.

Regardless, hope this helps.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote