View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Sandkings By George R.R. Martin

George R.R. Martin doesnt need any introduction so Ill cut right to the book. First off it is a short story. If you have ever been into owning an ant farm when you were younger or still love ants and insects this book is for you. It is set in the far future and is about a guy who collects rare and often dangerous space creatures. Anyway he gets a new pet that act quite like intelligent ants. It is a short story so I cant tell you much about it without giving anything away, but it is a really good story. Quite predictable but really really interesting. I can sit for hours watching ants build their hills and forage for food and Martin really incorporates this interest into the story. The main character does all the things that you would do if regular ants were smarter. Maybe you wouldnt do some things. Anyway I highly recomend the book and for $2 it is a little pricy for a short story but I think it was worth every penny!
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote