View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
authorizing new 505 with existing 500 account?

I bought my prs 500 (which I still love and use every day, my favouritest gadget ever). I have used the connect store in the past (via vouchers from people on these forums), but also Fictionwise and others with Calibre.

I've just bought a 505 for my wife for Christmas (play.com are doing them for £149 so couldn't resist). My wife has no idea and I want to keep it that way until she unwraps it.

I've downloaded a few books that you guys have uploaded here (mainly Jane Austen and the Bronte's - thanks guys they look great), as the Harry Potter books aren't available yet her other favourite reads are Terry Pratchett Discworld novels.

I was planning to copy over all the Discworld books I have on my 500, but my current Connect software doesn't recognise the 505 so I can't authorise it.

It does show up as an extra drive on my PC and I can copy books over I'd previously downloaded on my account, but the 505 only shows the cover then "protected content!".

I'm probbaly still on my original version of the Connect store software 1.something-or-other. if I check for updates it does say 2.something-or-other is available, but doesn't download it (says my internet isn't working, but that is a lie as I could surf the net no bother).

So any ideas how I can authorise the 505 with my 500 account at the connect store so I can transfer over the books I've downloaded from there?

Once my wife gets the 505 she'll more than likely only be using the UK Waterstones and/or WH SMith websites for books (really wont want to have to 'faff' with converting etc).
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote