Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #928
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe81 View Post
My Kobo Aura was not online for a few months, no syncing and I used it without issues. A few days ago I logged in to my wifi network, and the device got the new firmware OTA.
Since then, I am facing the following issues:
The device starts, and when I select a book to read, it gets frozen. A few seconds later the backlight goes off, and it reboots, and the loop starts again. 9 out of 10 times it happens.
Any suggestion would be welcome, how to fix this!
The times I have seen this in recent firmware versions it has been caused by a specific books. They were all large kepubs with large ToCs. After the device restarted, the books opened with no problems. I haven't tried reproducing this with the 4.5.x firmware, so I don't if it has changed.

If opening the book after the reboot works, then it probably is a sickel reboot. This is when a process on the device is taking a long time and the device appears to be hung. Sickel is a watchdog that restarts the device in these cases. There is a patch that extends the time before sickel interrupts. It might help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote