Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #917
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2003 View Post
I brought a brand new USB charger from PrimeCables for my grandma's Kobo Aura HD (on latest firmware) thinking that it'd solve the "Connect to Computer" issue I had with the Apple charger. It didn't fix the problem! Arrgh, Kobo, why do you do this?
The problem is not Kobo. The problem is the charger. The charger is the one telling the device that it is to be treated as a computer.
Quote:
Now my 80-year-old grandma's gonna be super confused every time she plugs her Kobo in for charging. She'll forget to press the Cancel button when the Connect dialogue appears and will inevitably complain about it to me. :/ Seriously Kobo... this is a stupid issue that should never happen.
She doesn't need to do anything. If she doesn't tap a button, the device will just sit there charging. If she does tap the connect button, it shouldn't harm. While the device will go to a connected mode, the charger won't try and do anything, so unplugging it will be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote