View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #5
corband
corband began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
after finally getting the weekly email from Sony I see that quiet a few new releases are up in the $16 - $18 price range. Has anyone else noticed this and written to them ( I just have) as they are getting a little to expensive at those prices. Has anyone done a price comparison between all the book shops to see who is the cheapest or do we think this is a publishers issue and not the reseller (sony)?

Natalie
I refuse to pay double digets for an e-book. If I am paying $16 plus dollars for a book I want a paper Hardcover book. I may be in the minority, but it makes no sense to me to pay near Hardcover prices for digets. I love my e-book reader and love reading books on it. But there is a limit to what I will pay for electronic digets. There is something fullfilling about holding the latest copy of a loved book series in your hands. Looking at the duskcover and smelling the paper. Than once done, placing it on the shelf with its companions.

Now when that same books comes out in e-book format for the right price, I may buy it again so I have it on my Sony 505 for enjoyment later. I read the Honor Harrington Series the first time on paper and the 2nd and 3rd time as e-books. Thankfully Baen does not charge excess abouts for their e-books.
corband is offline   Reply With Quote