View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #15720
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1 by Sean Platt and David Wright. This is the first novel (more like novella) of an 18 episode/3 season post-apocalyptic serial. I actually own all 18 episodes by patiently watching for freebies. These guys a prolific and I'm interested to find out whether they're worth reading...and one of my Goodreads groups is discussing this book for Feb.
OK - finished this on. I'm a bit indifferent to this book. It is starting a serial so it doesn't give away much. I guess I can live with that. But because it's not revealing anything significant, it means that I was focusing on how the authors were introducing the characters.

They have obviously attempted to give each character narration a unique voice. In fact, I would say they worked pretty hard on it. However, this meant that each chapter was written somewhat differently, making me feel like I was reading an anthology from different authors rather than a cohesive story. Also, I really didn't like a couple of the styles presented. Two characters in particular made me wince while reading.

I may read the next episode or two to give the serial a bit of a go, but if I can't reconcile myself to the writing I'll probably give it a way.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote