View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #15710
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Ellen MacGregor & Philip Latham (Robert Shirley Richardson)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well now The Sinister Pig was a real treat and a little different than the preceding 15 novels in the series. Too bad the next novel is the last one in the series. Also I highly enjoyed reading The Clue in the Diary.

I promised my grandson (a 6th grader) that I'd read a book he'd previously enjoyed and share my opinion of it with him, so I've just began reading Ridley Pearson's 1st YA novel in The Kingdom Keepers series, Disney After Dark. Along with that I'll also read the 8th of the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, Nancy's Mysterious Letter. A pair of YA's!!
What with these 2 YA's along with all the other Nancy Drews I've been reading recently, I became interested in another book that I originally read during the same time period as the Nancy Drews (3rd & 4th grades). Several years ago (prior to the digital reader era) I bought 2 used hardbacks from a bookseller on the web. I've already re-read 1 of them, Miss Pickerell Goes to Mars by Ellen MacGregor. Anyway to make this YA adventure a bigger event, I drug out my hardback of Five Against Venus by Philip Latham (Robert Shirley Richardson) and dusted it off. Three YA's, WOWZERS!

Last edited by alansplace; 02-19-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: edit text
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote