View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:48 AM   #14
drofgnal
Guru
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4NT/iphone/ipad/ipad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I've started using this character list https://www.coursehero.com/lit/Dr-Zhivago/characters/ which also has brief character analysis and character map tabs. There may be better ones around, this is just the first longer list I came across.

I read on a 10.5 " tablet so it is convenient to just have this open in the web browser to tap back and forwards to while reading.
Nice list, I bookmarked it on my iPhone. Yesterday I ran across this character.

Quote:
Kiprian Tiverzin (also known as Kiprian Savelyevich, Savelyevich, Kuprinka, and Tiverzin) is the employee at the Moscow railway station who protects Yusup from Khudoleev.
In a couple of pages they call him Kiprian Tierzin, then a bit later Savelyevich, then his mom called him Kuprinka. War and Peace did the same thing sometimes. You have to read up on the Russians use of diminutives in naming.

Last edited by drofgnal; 02-26-2020 at 08:42 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote