View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #63
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Right now Apple doesn't have a deal with Random House which I'm sure makes up the majority of books the others have and iBooks doesn't. Of course iPad users can use the Kindle App, Kobo, etc. to get those books if they want to.

Two questions for iPad owners. How crisp is the text when reading on the iPad (can anyone post some screen caps)? Is there a way to organize your books (tags, collections,folders) so you're not looking at a big long list?
Organizing depends on which apps you use. They vary from list views with small book cover images on the side to a bookshelf on which you can see all your book covers. Some let you categorize. iBooks does. Kindle doesn't. All features are subject to change, of course.

Text is crisp enough for me to not notice any difference, but I'm not fussy about text in general.

I find book selection is fine, because of the various apps. I don't buy iBooks, because I won't pay for books tethered to one company's devices.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 05-21-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote